Join our team
- BA degree + CELTA or other EFL certification (required by the Moroccan government)
- Native speaker of English
- One year overseas experience, especially in a Moslem country, is a definite plus
- Ready to make a 2-year commitment
In addition, the ALC Meknes is looking for teachers who understand that an organization like ours depends entirely on student satisfaction. Teachers must be comfortable as facilitators rather than lecturers.
The ALC uses a student-centered approach to learning which includes a lot of pair and group work, games, songs, and activities in addition to the text.
- Teach a minimum of 18 contact hours per week, mainly evenings and weekends
- Teach a range of ages and levels
- Complete all administrative paperwork as required
- Take part in in-service, teacher meetings, and the annual ALC Conference
- Optional: lead a student club or other activity depending on interests
Salary and Benefits
- 120 – 130 Moroccan dirhams per hour with time and a half for Sunday afternoon classes
- Help with furnishing an apartment (either 5000 Dirham settling in allowance or use of currently owned ALC furniture and appliances) and up to 1200 Dirhams per month rent allowance. Apartments near the center rent for 1800 to 2500 Dirhams per month. All apartments are unfurnished.
- Health insurance (medical, dental, prescriptions, hospitalization)
- Retirement (required by Moroccan law)
- One month paid vacation, time off between sessions, all Moroccan national holidays
- Send your CV and scanned copies of diplomas and certificates to email@example.com
- Applications should arrive no later than March 15 for fall employment
- Selected applicants will have a telephone interview and final decisions will be made in early April.